AU Exec Committee
The Athletic Union (AU) is the umbrella term for the University of Manchester sports teams, competing against other Universities in BUCS (British University and College Sports). We have 87 teams across 36 sports, separated into 42 different clubs, each headed up by their own Club Committee. The Athletic Union is about representing the University of Manchester in competitive sport as measured by performance in BUCS Championships, regional based student and local league competitions, and also the Christie Championship.
The Executive Committee heads up the Athletic Union and consist of the following posts:
- Sports Sabbatical Officer - A full-time sabbatical working with SPORT Manchester responsible for giving advice and support to AU Club
- AU Social Sec - A voluntary position responsible for organising and arranging the social events of the AU (Awards Ceremony, AU Social etc.)
- British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) representative - A voluntary role responsible for liasing with BUCS and collating all the results from the various clubs each week.
- BUCS (event based) representative - A volunteer responsible for all non-weekly BUCS competitions which enters our individual athletes into these events.
- Marketing Officer - A voluntary role who is responsible for the Curiously Purple Sporting Network weekly update, along with helping SPORT Manchester run their social media platforms.
The roles are elected at the Summer AGM. If you would like to know more about their roles, why not check out their blogs.