BUCS Ambassador Award
NEW AWARD Launched for 2016/17
The University of of Manchester want to recognise the contribution that students make to their overall performance in the British Universities and Colleges League (BUCS) and are launching a new award to select 10 purple ambassadors.
To be considered for one of our BUCS Ambassador Awards your application must be supported with a reference from your Athletic Union or Students' Union sports club/ society. You must meet all of the essential criteria:
- A commitment to personal excellence
- Have specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound (SMART) sporting and educational goals
- Ambassador for your sport and Club / Society
- Compete in an Athletic Union / Students’ Union sport that competes in BUCS
- Supporting reference from Athletic Union Club / Students' Union Society and Coach to verify level of performance
- Compete just underneath scholarship level with referenced potential
- Competing at a high level in BUCS / can demonstrate potential to with an ability to score key BUCS points
- Subsidised Athletic Union / Students’ Union and National Governing Body Membership fee
- Gym Membership at one of following three sites (Sugden Sport Centre, Armitage Sports Site, Manchester Aquatics Centre)
- Access to Performance Sport Services including e.g. Physio & Strength and Conditioning and relevant educational workshops on a needs led basis and as agreed with Performance Sport Manager
- Access to financial support for BUCS entry fees as agreed
- The application process has now closed for 2016/17 and will re-open in July 2017.